Saturday 2 February 2013

Review of 17 Instant Glow Bronzing Powder in Light Bronze

Hi guys, if you read my previous post, you will know about my younger self having an apparent lack of appreciation for adding colour to my skin by not using blusher. I'm afraid it is even worse when it comes to bronzer. For years I have lived with the idea that bronzer is a bad bad thing and I will end up looking like the picture below if I tried to use it.

Image sourced from The Indie Pedant
Quite clearly this was an over exaggeration on my part. Just before Christmas I finally got fed up of looking so pale (seriously lacking in sun here in the UK this year!) and I brought a bronzer. I didn't want one that shimmered - I just don't like shimmery things unless they are on my eyes or nails - and my reluctance to look orange led me to a very light bronzer by 17.



I really wish I wasn't so hesitant because this did nothing on my face. I tried to use it as a contour powder, but it didn't show up at all. I am really disappointed with this product. It could be that I am too dark for it to work but this is highly, highly unlikely as I am so pale I sometimes get mistaken for a ghost - no joke.


This was the best swatch that I could produce for you guys. I literally had to rub the powder quite vigorously (as you can see by the discolouration in the pan) to get this tiny amount to show up. I don't want to have to apply lots of make-up to get it to show up so this failed in my opinion.

If you want to give it a try, be my guest - it was on the lower side of high street prices so I am not too upset that this didn't do much for me. It is £4.59 and only available from Boots.

I have been recommended to try MUA's Bronzing Mosaic and Rimmel's Match Perfection Bronzer by Jasmine of Oh So Flawless. Her blog is amazing so you need to check it out. If you have any other suggestions on bronzers or if you felt differently about this product, please do let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment